Sunday 22 March 2015

Developer Diaries

Hi all!

I'm working on a game for the Newgrounds 2015 Stencyl Jam called Growth.



Growth follows the journey of a small creature that seeks to complete the trials of the Tower in order to grow stronger.


I've never used Stencyl before, so this is definitely a learning curve! Have begun to get comfortable with using the engine, shown above, as I can now manipulate the camera. The video kinda explains the basics of how I'm working with it too.

But the game will need some music! I filtered through a million (lol nope, just 1) Google search results and came across a bunch of VSTs that emulate the old school gaming consoles. I won't start working on it until I am further into game development stage, as I can still find some in the Newgrounds audio portal.

I've decided not to focus on the graphics in the same level I did with a picture of Green from ZEAL (still to be completed) but I want to develop it as the character grows to reflect the growth. I quite like the pixelated monochrome look too!




There will be more updates to come over the next few weeks, so stay posted!



No comments:

Post a Comment